Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's me Bitches!!!

This is a shout out to all the ladies who have made this year a wonderful experience for me. To Paula, my first roommate, we were united in alcohol from the word “go”, and I don’t think any guy has the power to tear us apart, and I hope you know that you have become like a sister to me. Then comes Zama, the one I took my first flight with, the one I hated and now…not-so-hate. LOL. When times are “roff” I know to turn to you. Zizipo, my “fag friend” (get it? It means cigarette as well as lesbian), the one I could pour my heart to knowing that I would receive first-class advice without the common stare or side-glance. Then there is the ‘mlungu’ (white person), Zara you have taught me all that a first year needs to in their survival. Be it good or bad (don’t take offence), but know that you have contributed in enriching my life and assisted in the understanding of the world at large. Bronnie, tough I have not spent a lot of time with you; I feel that your presence eludes reality (in a good way), your positive vibes have helped me escape the harsh reality the life tends to throw at us. And finally, my girlfriend, who isn’t really my girlfriend any longer, NandiPHA through you I have learnt that aggression is not always the solution and not to fear that which I feel. What I felt for you was not a façade or stage, I just don’t think you realised how far it ran. And to all the ladies I have not mentioned…Ashleigh, Jojo, Kelina, Dianne and KG, I love you guys, all in all you have made my stay here a memorable one. No one can do it like the ANNEXE girls!

No comments: